Friday, May 09, 2008

MY UFO EXPERIENCE: Witness Recounts Flash, Loud Boom, and Falling, Burning Debris

911 Call
Reader Submitted Report
[Unedited]
4-17-08

     I am emailing you in response from a request from our mutual friend Mike Fortson who lives in AZ. I live in Indianapolis, Indiana and over the last 2 nights, there has been some unexplained activity in a town 35 miles north of us (Kokomo, Indiana).

Last night, Wednesday March 16, 2008 at around 10:15 pm a large blast was heard by the citizens of that area from the north side of Kokomo south to the town of Tipton, Indiana - a distance of 20-25 miles. The emergency management response was extensive involving authorities from several organizations. I have included a MS Word document with a collection of news reports from several local papers and the 3 TV stations in the Indianapolis area. The idea was, as you will see, that the bright flash, falling burning debris and extremely loud boom was from a detonating meteor as a result of a meteor shower.

The fact that discounts that assumption is that the same event happened the night before on Tuesday, March 15 over Logansport, Indiana at around 10:10 pm, a town 25 miles north of Kokomo - same flash, same loud boom, same falling burning debris. Quite a coincedence that a meteor show would deposit its rubble over the same geographic area on two consecutive nights at approximately the same time each night.

At the end of the accumulated articles, you will find some additional reports from individuals in the Kokomo area that claim they witnessed yellow orbs hovering in the western sky immediately after the big boom and another witness that claimed they saw F-16 fighters in the air after the event.

I have no idea what is occuring here, but plan to be in that area tonight at the same time in the late evening hopeful that we will have a third consecutive event.

Please review the attached information:

Occurred : 3/6/2008 20:00 (Entered as : 030608 20:00)
Reported: 3/6/2008 11:25:57 PM 23:25
Posted: 3/31/2008
Location: Kokomo, IN
Shape: Light
Duration:15- 20 MIN

3 orange lights in formation fading on and off over city & fields.

March 6th 2008, traveling north on US 31, just south of Howard county. While driving my boyfriend and I spotted an yellow orange light in the sky, a little closer than planes fly, but still pretty up there- the glowing light appeared then faded away. A few minutes later the light appeared again and split horizontal in two, then faded away. The light appeared a third and four time, split horizontally into three lights all fading away. Twenty minutes later we arrived very excited at our destination only to see this happen two more times with my boyfriends dad! We Also saw a jet head toward the objects before they went away. This is my third encounter of this kind in/around Howard County- all lights fading on and off, all different formations! Wow!

Occurred : 3/6/2008 20:00 (Entered as : 3-6-08 20:00)
Reported: 3/9/2008 8:06:55 PM 20:06
Posted: 3/31/2008
Location: Kokomo, IN
Shape: Circle
Duration:1 hour

One of many

My girlfriend and I were on our way home from the mall a couple of nights ago. We were laughing and singing along with the radio. I looked up into the sky and I saw a strange orange light. I felt almost hypnotized by it, and then it disappeared. Immediately I told myself that it was only a glare from a passing vehicle.

As I was turning to ask my girlfriend if she saw anything. She was actually turning to ask me the same thing. so was a loud, simultaneous, "Did you see that!!?" Now skeptical, but still thinking logical, I assumed it was a cloud passing over a bright star. Or even a planet. That's when I looked and about 3/4 mile northwest of the initial observation. I saw another one and then another right next to it. Each time one appeared... one disappeared in a timed sequence, and in a perfect, counter clockwise circular motion. Like a domino effect. Now intrigued, I frantically rolled down my window despite the cold winter air. Just when I thought it was gone another sequence would appear. Each time it appeared to multiply or pulsate, and always in a perfect sequence. There were never more than three lights in each one. I saw a total of three individual sequences on the way home, (like a 5 minute time period).

When we got back to the house my girlfriend was trying to convince me that it was probably a helicopter or something. It wasn’t.

So now we're standing in the driveway waiting on these things to show up again. It didn’t take long for them to appear. This time there are 2 sequences in the sky at once about a mile apart from each other, (she no longer thinks it’s a helicopter), and we can barely see super small twinkling lights in between each pulse. I also noticed that there were suddenly several of the small twinkling lights all over the western sky, moving in random directions. some fast some slow. Sometimes disappearing/appearing. I noticed a low distant rumbling during the sequences. Like an engine, or explosion, or breaking barrier. Every dog in the neighborhood was barking. Just as fast as the show started, it ended.

I personally can’t think of a logical explanation. Fireworks? In the winter, with no sound, and in 2 different parts of the western sky... doubt it. Maybe a flare? Why? and how so timed in 2 different areas? Could be a hoax... but someone would have to have a lot of time on their hands because I did some research on this today. I discovered several, damn near, to the "T", same observation as me. Not only that, they were in different years and in different locations. Something else I noticed in my findings is these sightings almost always occur in the western sky.

Occurred : 4/16/2008 22:27 (Entered as : 04/16/08 22:27)
Reported: 4/16/2008 7:35:49 PM 19:35
Posted: 4/17/2008
Location: Kokomo, IN
Shape: Formation
Duration:2 minutes

4 or 5 yellow lights in the sky followed a loud explosion noise. They moved in perfect unison, if one went to the left, they all moved.

We heard a big loud noise, almost like an explosion. My dad and brother ran outside while I was on the phone with my dad.

My brother tried videotaping it, but I'm not sure how much he got because it happened so quickly.

My dad said, "There are like 4 or 5 yellow lights all moving in unison to the left and now to the right. They just suddenly disappeared."

((NUFORC Note: Many reports to the local media, we understand. We do not know what the objects were, but there is a possibility that they were caused by a military exercise. However, military aircraft are not allowed to fly supersonic over populated areas. We would welcome reports from any other witnesses. PD))

Occurred : 3/21/2005 21:00 (Entered as : 03/21/2005 21:00)
Reported: 3/22/2005 9:41:14 AM 09:41
Posted: 5/11/2005
Location: Kokomo, IN
Shape: Fireball
Duration:45 minutes

Odd Orangeish lights.

Wile heading home last night with a friend I saw an object to the NW that at first looked somewhat like a normal plane but was not flashing at all & had a distinctive orange hue in color. Suddenly another light just like it appeared below it & the first light slowly dimmed out than re appeared, than a third lit up below them, before fading out one by one going from center, top, than bottom. The lights lasted for maybe a minute to a minute & a half. This is the second time I have witnessed an event like this & it really has my curiosity going now. I had posted to this sight the last time I saw lights like this but have not seen the report posted yet.

Anyway after getting home I stood outside for awhile & witnessed several more lights again with my friend & my wife. The first I had seen started with a single light in the NW than one to the W than three more in between them spaced a good distance apart, I would guess a couple miles or more. Each light dimmed out(don’t recall the exact order)one by one until they were all gone, than two in the center re appeared shortly, followed by the first one in the NW for a couple seconds before they all faded out. These lasted for around two minutes. We all stood watching for about another 15 minutes & witnessed three more single lights through the W & NW sky, all acting the same. They would light up than slowly dim out & usually re light for just a second or two before dimming out again.

We also noticed there was quite a few normal aircraft flying around; most of them were noticed directly above us or to the East with a couple coming from the NW & heading & all heading North. Or from where we are, heading directly in the direction of Grissom Air Force Base. No (normal) planes were noticed around the lights or where they were seen.

Occurred : 2/18/2005 21:00 (Entered as : 02/18/2005 21:00)
Reported: 3/6/2005 5:15:12 AM 05:15
Posted: 4/16/2005
Location: Kokomo, IN
Shape:
Duration:2 to 3 min

Odd Reddish orange lights.

My wife & I were leaving her parents house located just to the outside of the city's east side, while backing out a very odd light formation caught my eye. There were four lights in a somewhat square pattern that was reddish orange in color that dimmed out one by one to the NW sky. My wife had turned around just as the last couple had faded out. Than within maybe 10 to 15 seconds another cluster of lights appeared again directly West that began as just one light turning into what looked like maybe 4 or more in a somewhat jagged line, that again dimmed out one by one. (BTW the sky was clear on this night) My wife ran in the house to get her parents as we couldn’t believe or figure out what we were seeing. Just as my wife, son & her mother had came back outside one more single light was seen to the high SW part of the sky.

There was also quite a few normal aircraft flying in random back & forth patterns around the area of sightings. At first I thought what we were seeing was some kind of lighting from the aircraft, but the type of lighting we saw & the way it faded out was unlike anything my wife or I have seen before. I would describe it as a small ball of fire, slowly lighting than slowly burning out.

It has been driving me nuts ever since we had seen it, as until finding this web site I haven’t heard of anyone else anywhere in or around Kokomo that has seen it. But from what a person in Peru IN describes it would be the same lights we had seen & was also the same night.

Occurred : 1/14/2005 18:00 (Entered as : 01/14/2005 18:00)
Reported: 1/22/2005 5:42:45 PM 17:42
Posted: 1/27/2005
Location: Peru/Kokomo (near), IN
Shape: Sphere
Duration: about 20 min.

Three bright orange colored objects accompanied by dozens of white lit objects appeared and then streaked across the sky.

My wife and I were traveling southbound on SR 29 and U.S 421 just west of Lafayette toward Peru when three relatively large orange and white colored spheres appeared south of us. Each of the bright spheres emerged, i.e. faded in, one at a time until all three were easily visible. They appeared to be very different from normal aircraft lights. We know that there are several airfields in the area, but these were not wing or tail lights from any aircraft I know. I can usually recognize those types of lights, since I used to be in the Air Force and had worked in the aerospace defense industry. Shortly after they emerged, they began to fade out in the order they appeared.

When they were visible, they seemed to have lined up in a straight line but were not evenly spaced apart. Along with these large bright lights we noticed what seemed to be dozens of smaller white lights flying around in no particular pattern that we could distinguish. These lights were much smaller than the three big ones mentioned above but were even more intriguing to us. We noticed that these lights would streak across the sky from east to northwest, south to north, and west to east, some in a straight and level flight pattern, and some in a random pattern. We saw some of these fly level and then suddenly shoot upward or downward vertically. I have never seen an aircraft move in this fashion. I know that the g-forces alone from such maneuvers would make it highly unlikely that these aircraft were ours. I could actually see what appeared to be contrails behind some of them at times. This lasted for about 20 minutes as we continued traveling south.

Visibility was generally good that evening with little cloud cover during this event.

Date: March 6, 2008
Time: Approx: 7:50 p.m.

UFO - Do Tricks?

Driving home from work on March 6, around 7:50pm, west of Kokomo, just north of Michigantown, I saw two lights appear in the sky and then fade out. As I drove closer to Burlington, directly west of Kokomo, they reappeared much farther west. They faded out. Then they reappeared about less than 2 seconds in different locations in the same vicinity, and then faded out one at a time. They then reappeared one at a time in very different locations again. They did this two more times in Burlington.

As I drove towards Kokomo on 22, I looked to the north. There, I saw one light and then all of the sudden, it grew. In perspective, maybe the UFO was a couple of millimeters in diameter. When it grew, it appeared to be about the size of a quarter-in perspective. Then it went completely black. I drove faster to get away, as I had now been witnessing these occurrences for over 10 miles. I got closer to Kokomo and witnessed the enlarging of one of the lights again and then the fast fade-out.

I got to the VP at the point, just west of Kokomo and looked north one last time. Above the field in between a couple of houses, two UFO's appeared together, much lower than before and much closer. I would say they were less than 100 yards away. This time, however, they had "tails." They had 4 to 5 yellow-orange colored 4-pointed star-shaped lights trailing behind each of them and they appeared to be dancing towards the highway. I got very scared and sped up some more. I made it to Malfalfa road, on the tip of Kokomo and hit a red light. I waited for the light to turn green and glanced left through some trees and saw one of the lights grow very large and blackout one last time. I got into Kokomo and didn't look back.

January 24th 2008: Kokomo, Indiana

Kokomo Indiana Truck, Cell Phone Dies - Circular Craft Witnessed

Date: January 24, 2008
Time: 7:08 p.m.

Location of Sighting: I was at Delphi Electronics in Kokomo Indiana.
Number of witnesses: 3+
Number of objects: 3-8
Shape of objects: Circular.

Full Description of event/sighting: According to the state of Indiana, I am a licensed Detective. However, I work for a Security firm at the Delphi Electronics Headquarters in Kokomo, Indiana as a Professional Security Officer. It started first when I got into the officers truck to pick up another employee who was at one of our buildings across the street. I managed to make it over to where he was, and then as I started to drive across the street I noticed the lights on the truck were dimming at a fairly steady pace. I barely made it back across the street before the lights, all of the gauges stopped working, and the brakes and power steering went out in our company vehicle, and the vehicle completely died. The officer and I radioed to our supervisor to let him know about the truck. I was then given another truck to drive, and I had parked it outside one of our gates long enough to drop off a lunch box that had been left in our now broken down truck only 10 minutes prior. I had been in the guard shack for only probably five minutes before walking outside to see the first orange light.

I quickly pointed to the light and motioned for her to look. Shortly after a Delphi employee walked up behind us and also was able to see the light. After the first light we were able to see multiple amber colored or orange colored lights pulsating. They would come on, and then they would go off, and they were moving in all directions. At times it almost looked like the lights were together creating a bigger circular shape. You could also see what looked like smaller white twinkles behind the orange or amber colored circles. I tried to make a phone call to my parents; however my cell phone was not fully functional due to whatever was going on. It took nearly 20 minutes for me to get in touch with my parents, and my phone was still not working all the way. My parents said that the family cat was acting like something was wrong, and kept looking outside the windows all night almost in a panicking state. My dad went outside with some binoculars and he and my mom looked into the sky to see the same exact thing we were all seeing at Delphi. (Mind you, this is 20 minutes after the fact). I was only one the phone briefly with my parents, as they said they quickly got off the phone with me after saying they witnessed a multi colored circular object over their neighbour’s house.

In addition I can say that we had several nitrogen alarms and hallo alarms come in within 20 -30 minutes of me seeing these objects....

UFO, I don't know, but I think something was going on. What other explanation could there be for the cell phones not working, and for the alarms to come in, and for the truck. In fact I was told yesterday that they took our truck to the shop, and the people at the shop can't explain the problem with the truck. I heard that it might not be fixable. So you do the math, was it a UFO?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Dear Contributor,

Your comments are greatly appreciated, and coveted; however, blatant mis-use of this site's bandwidth will not be tolerated (e.g., SPAM etc).

Additionally, healthy debate is invited; however, ad hominem and or vitriolic attacks will not be published, nor will "anonymous" criticisms. Please keep your arguments "to the issues" and present them with civility and proper decorum. -FW

LIVE SIGHTING REPORTS BY MUFON

Mutual UFO Network Logo