Wednesday, April 13, 2005

'Close Encounters'
of the British Kind



UFOs and the British Royal Air Force

By Nick Redfern
Phenomena Magazine
www.phenomenamagazine.com
4-13-05

     As someone who writes books on UFOs, cryptozoology, and conspiracy theories, and as Phenomena co-editor as well as a contributor to a variety of other publications, I am often asked: How did you become interested and involved in the worlds of the unexplained and the paranormal?

     I figured that with the question posed on what is a fairly regular basis, it might be a good opportunity to provide the answer.

     It was 10.30 p.m. on a dark Wednesday evening in late 1978 as I walked with my father, Frank Redfern, through the deserted streets of the town of Walsall, England. A biting wind sliced through the air and I buried my hands in my coat pockets in a vain attempt to keep warm. We headed for a nearby car park.

     “Well, what did you think?” asked my father.

     “I thought it was great,” I replied, continuing: “Do you think it could really happen?”

No comments :

Post a Comment

Dear Contributor,

Your comments are greatly appreciated, and coveted; however, blatant mis-use of this site's bandwidth will not be tolerated (e.g., SPAM etc).

Additionally, healthy debate is invited; however, ad hominem and or vitriolic attacks will not be published, nor will "anonymous" criticisms. Please keep your arguments "to the issues" and present them with civility and proper decorum. -FW

LIVE SIGHTING REPORTS BY MUFON

Mutual UFO Network Logo